- To meet the actual needs of Hong Kong society by training efficient and well-balanced young people for various services in the community;
- To promote the spirit of humanity and the freedom of learning with a scientific approach and also to contribute to the development of higher education in Hong Kong; and
- To demonstrate by consistent behavior the virtues of humanity and the objective attitude of men of culture.
- Preserve and disseminate traditional Chinese culture;
- Enable students to cultivate a whole, balanced personality including moral character and to realize their full potential as individuals, as scholars and as good citizens;
- Provide rigorous intellectual training to enable students to become independent critical thinkers; and
- Combine academic theory with the acquisition of professional and practical skills to produce graduates who can immediately be of service to meet the needs of the community.
- 「敦仁博物」: Cultivating virtues of benevolence; broadening horizon and knowledge.
- In Confucian Teaching, the University Motto refers to the important qualities of
Confucius "ideal person", "Junzi" (君子) :
- Treat others with respect, always be considerate, kind and benevolent;
- Study/learn with passion and dedication, and continually acquiring new knowledge
About Shue Yan