What is it?
Study Abroad Scheme offers opportunities for Shue Yan full-time students to complete part of their undergraduate education in a partner university outside Hong Kong. Students may study abroad for one or two semesters during Years 2 to 4. Through the participation in the Scheme, students will be able to:
- enrich their academic experience through learning in different contexts
- meet people from around the world and build an international network
- enrich their life experience
- enhance their competitive edge via international exposure and acquisition of transferable skills
- engage in a multicultural environment and experience a new culture
- improve their language skills
- build up self-confidence
- learn to be more independent and for personal development
Besides outgoing students, the Study Abroad Scheme provides opportunities for students from our partner universities/institutions to come and study at Shue Yan for one or two semesters as an exchange student. Through such arrangement, the Scheme will create chances for Shue Yan students, who opt not to go for studying abroad, to make new friends from different regions or countries and to build an international network.
In addition, Shue Yan also offered overseas Summer School Programmes that are credit-bearing and overseas internship schemes/programmes.
Development of the Study Abroad Programme
- A progressive approach is adopted whereby the scheme will begin with a manageable number of universities with which Shue Yan has already built a strong rapport in the past.
- At present, Shue Yan has partnered with 37 universities, covering 13 countries/regions (including Australia, Canada, Germany, Japan, Mainland China, New Zealand, Malaysia, Republic of Korea, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Vietnam).
- 32 students completed the Summer School Programme offered by Pukyong National University (Korea), University College London (United Kingdom), and University of Warwick (United Kingdom) in 2017.