What is it?
Study Abroad Scheme offers opportunities for Shue Yan full-time students to complete part of their undergraduate education in a partner university outside Hong Kong. Students may study abroad for one or two semesters during Years 2 to 4. Through the participation in the Scheme, students will be able to:
- enrich their academic experience through learning in different contexts
- meet people from around the world and build an international network
- enrich their life experience
- enhance their competitive edge via international exposure and acquisition of transferable skills
- engage in a multicultural environment and experience a new culture
- improve their language skills
- build up self-confidence
- learn to be more independent and for personal development
Besides outgoing students, the Study Abroad Scheme provides opportunities for students from our partner universities/institutions to come and study at Shue Yan for one or two semesters as an exchange student. Through such arrangement, the Scheme will create chances for Shue Yan students, who opt not to go for studying abroad, to make new friends from different regions or countries and to build an international network.
In addition, Shue Yan also offered overseas Summer School Programmes that are credit-bearing and overseas internship schemes/programmes.
Development of the Study Abroad Programme
- At present, Shue Yan has partnered with 45 universities, covering 19 countries/regions (including Australia, Austria, Canada, Finland, France, Germany, Japan, Mainland China, Malaysia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Republic of Korea, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Vietnam).
- 147 students have been nominated for exchange/ study abroad since 2015/16 academic year.
- In addition to exchange/ study abroad, 56 students have participated in the summer school programme offered by Pukyong National University (Korea), University College London (United Kingdom), and University of Warwick (United Kingdom) in the past two Summer.