To facilitate the preparation of application for exchange at Shue Yan, here comes some useful information and key dates:
(1) Key Dates
Once a partner university has provided us with formal nomination for exchange, the partner university or their student(s) may simply provide us with the soft copy of duly completed application documents (please refer to Section (3) for details) through email for initial screening (Nomination Deadline: 30 April (for exchange commencing in September in the same year) and 15 October (for exchange commencing in January next year). If all documents and the information filled in are fine, we shall inform partner university/ the student(s) so that the original copy of application documents could be couriered to Shue Yan for issuing offer letter and applying for student visa to Hong Kong.
(2) Student VISA to Hong Kong
The Immigration Department in Hong Kong normally takes at least 6 weeks to process an application for student visa. Hopefully, the original copy of application documents could arrive HKSYU within May 2019 (for exchange in Fall Semester (i.e. September) 2019) / within October 2019 (for exchange in Spring Semester (i.e. January) 2020) in order to avoid the delay of the issue of student visa.
(3) Application Documents
Attached below please find the list of documents required to be submitted to us for the application for exchange and student visa:
- Shue Yan’s Application Form for Exchange
- Completed and signed student visa application form [ID995A] with the photocopy of proof of the student’s financial support (e.g. bank statements, savings account passbooks, tax receipts, salary slips, etc)
- Original copy of Declaration by Financial Sponsor (if applicable)
- Photocopy of the student’s valid travel document (e.g. passport) containing personal particulars, date of issue, date of expiry, and photo
- Original copy of academic transcript issued by the home university
- Two recent passport photo sized photos
On-campus accommodation places will be reserved for all exchange-in students. Exchange students do not need to apply for on-campus accommodation. The International Unit of Shue Yan will provide exchange students with relevant information (e.g. hall fees) in due course.
(5) Course Enrollment
Shue Yan reviews the list of courses for exchange student from time to time. Updated list of courses for exchange students will be sent to the partner university/ student(s) in due course for course selection. Please click here for the tentative course list.
For more details, please check out our Factsheet.
For enquiries or the submission of nomination, please write to email@example.com. The staff of the International Unit will get back to you as soon as possible.