PVRC - Terms of Reference and Membership
Terms of Reference
- a) To consider any proposal from a Department for a new programme of study within an existing accredited discipline area which leads to the award of a degree of the University. PVRC will assess whether the proposed programme of study meets the benchmark standards for programme validation and review by PVRC listed at the Appendix that will enable it to achieve the stated objectives, and deliver the intended learning outcomes at the designated QF level within the context of current developments in tertiary education in Hong Kong, the University Mission and Strategic Plan.
- b) To conduct a cyclical review of individual programmes at the interval determined by the Academic Board at validation or at the most recent review. PVRC will ascertain whether:
- The programme has continued to meet the benchmark standards for programme validation and review since the initial validation or most recent review;
- The recommendations of PVRC at the initial validation or most recent revalidation have been properly addressed;
- The programme has responded to the changing needs of the profession/society and enhanced the employability of graduates; and
- The proposed continued development of the programme as described in the 5-year Academic Development Plan is aligned with the University Mission and Strategic Plan and will enable it to achieve the stated objectives, and deliver the intended learning outcomes at the designated QF level in the future.
- c) To make recommendations to the Academic Board on the acceptability of the proposal for the continued offering and development of the programme including recommendations for amendments to the programme and its delivery.
- Nominations of the EPA, ESE and external members of the PVRC by Departments should be made in consultation with the Chairperson of PVRC before being submitted to the respective approving authority. a) Appointment of EPA is approved by the QAC. b) Appointment of ESE is approved by the Chairperson of PVRC. c) Appointment of external members of PVRC is approved by the AB.
- d) External members: 2 years, renewable for up to two further terms e) Academic Board nominee: 1 year f) Graduate Studies committee nominee: 1 year g) Heads of Department: 2 years
- a) Meetings will normally be held at least once a year subject to annual validation and review schedule. b) PVRC reports to the Academic Board. c) At least three of the external members from Category 5 must be present.
Terms of Office
Mode of Operation
|1.||Chair||Associate Academic Vice-President (Accreditation and Programme Development)
||Prof. HUI Yew-foong|
|2.||Deputy Chair||Assistant Academic Vice President
||Dr. Mark NG|
|3.||Internal Members||One Head of Department from each Faculty nominated by the other Heads (total of three):
|4.||Internal Member||One representative of Academic Board from among Departmental Representatives
Dr. WONG Ka-Ki
Prof. Catherine TANG
|5.||External Members||Six members of high academic standing who are not full or part-time members of the University or currently serving in an advisory capacity for any part of the University, with at least one alternate member in each discipline:|
Prof. HUANG Yong (CUHK), Prof. ZHU Xinhua (PolyU)
Media and Technology:
Dr. CHEN Hsuan-ting (CUHK)
Prof. Charles KWONG (HKMU), Dr. Matthew LI (HKBU)
Prof. LAM Ching-man (CiHE), Prof. Petrus NG (HKBU)
|6.||External Programme Assessor (EPA)||External Programme Assessor of the programme under review
|7.||External Subject Expert (ESE)||Senior Academic of high standing in the major discipline area with experience of teaching at the relevant of teaching at the relevant level||--|
|8.||Secretary||Secretary||Ms. Peggy Chu|