We are pleased to announce that the Library will begin to upgrade library system to the next-generation library system, Alma, on 20 June 2022.
After this upgrade, the Library can:
• Own a cloud-based system;
• Unify the access method of login library circulation records and access to e-resources;
• Have more capacity to support the learning, teaching, and research activities by streamlining the processing of library materials.
Before the upgrade, there are two things you might need to know about:
1. Backup your reading history
It is important to note that your reading records will NOT be migrated to the new library system. Therefore, please export your list on/before 19 June 2022 (Sunday). The list can be exported by Email and as a file.
Please follow the procedure below to do the backup:
i. Login to My Circulation Record;
ii. Click the button “Export My Reading List”;
iii. Select the “Format of List” and the delivery methods: Email OR Export to the local computer.
2. 20 June 2022 is the date of Library system frozen
Please be awarded the Library system is going to be suspended from 20 June 2022 at 09:00 until the new system goes live on 21 June 2022 at 18:30. On the other dates, all Library’s printed and E-resources can be accessible from the Discover@ShueYan and the Library databases listed.
Library System Upgrade Project Website: https://www.hksyu.edu.hk/lib/library-system-upgrade-project/
Prepare for Alma: How to backup your reading list:
Prepare for Alma: How to keep your saved records?